Geof Ramsay is a multi-disciplinary designer whose work brings together traditional craft, modern manufacturing techniques and materiality through a uniquely modern Maritime lens. This ongoing exploration of modern Maritime product design led to the founding of Harbour, a design studio dedicated to the evolution and dissemination of the modern design of Atlantic Canada in 2014. Under the Harbour name, Geof’s designs re-imagine and re-frame ubiquitous vernacular elements and deeply rooted cultural icons of the Maritime’s distinct cultural character into contemporary design.
- Named one of Canada’s top 10 emerging designers by Azure Magazine.
- Winner: "Best Prototype" for Hex Chair at the Toronto Interior Design Show.
- Awarded "DL Loves, best of design week" by Designlines Magazine.
- Winner: "Fan Favourite” for Topside Tray at Umbra's Compact Living Exhibit presented by Toronto Design Offsite.
- Winner" Herman Miller's "Jurors Choice Award" presented by Toronto Design Offsite.
Geof's work has been exhibited at Maison et Objet, NYCxDesign, Toronto’s Interior Design Show and the Toronto Design Offsite Festival.